Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bucket List item is revealed!

First off, kudos to June M. of Massachusetts for solving the clues!  Great job.  I had a feeling the last clue would give it away, ha-ha. 

Before I tell you what it is, here are the previous clues:

1.        It’s something I came close to accomplishing in my previous career path before I retired. 
2.       It involves training
3.       It’s in public
4.       It involves sports
5.       It’s patriotic

Oh boy.  My heart is beating faster than a hummingbird's wings.
IF I succeed in my goal of being published...*deep breath* I will attempt to sing the National Anthem at a professional sporting event.

Which one?  Well, most likely a Celtics or Red Sox game.  I'd include the Bruins, but with my history, I'd probably fall on the ice and make it on You Tube and all the highlight reels.  I'd try for a Patriots game (since they are my FAVORITE team), but that's more people than I can handle.  Singing in front of over 20,000 people with my anxiety is going to be a feat in itself.  I've wanted to do this since I was a little girl though.  I was thisclose to sending in my demo to do this when I was 19 years old, but my ever charming self-deprecation set in and I chickened out; I soon after retired from pursuing a professional singing career (due to personal reasons) and I've regretted it ever since.

I believe that no matter what the dream, if you want it bad enough, you should go for it, no matter how young or old.  With hard work and dedication, success of some degree will always be the reward.  So that means if I'm going to do this, its back to vocal training for me!  I'm a bit rusty; it’s been almost 10 years since my last professional lesson.  Let’s hope I still have range; I’m gonna need it! 

I had a lot of fun with this challenge and I hope you did too.  With that off my plate, its time for the next one! 

For every 10 followers, I will post something from my novel- a line of dialogue, a character description, etc.  Once I reach 150 followers, I will post an excerpt from Unnatural. 

Oh, and we’re only 8 followers away from the first novel post. 

Until next time, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment