Monday, February 28, 2011

Knock, Knock, Future

Life is too short and too precious to waste.  There is no time to waste on pettiness or selfishness, nor is there time to waste on people who don’t understand this.  There is only time to enjoy the wonderful things life has to offer us. 

Each time I come to this realization, I vow to appreciate life more and to reevaluate the things that I can change to make it better.  Then I find myself reverting back to my old ways and moving forward as before.  Today I am changing that pattern.  Every breath, every moment, could be my last-why not make them the best they can be?   

But life is also scary.  It’s the uncertainties that make me pause and proceed with caution.  It’s the fear of the unknown and the fear of change that makes me hit repeat on my daily cycle.  Fear of rejection, fear of disappointment, I could go on and on.  They are all keeping me from charging through the door to my future.  My hand is on the knob, I just have to turn it-so why can’t I?  Why can’t I follow through with a vow I so badly want to keep? 

With my history I know what I could be facing on the other side.  I’m a strong person, and I’ve been through more junk than ten people combined could handle.  I’ve taken a lot of hits and a lot of backs have turned on me when I’ve needed people.  I’ve been overlooked, under-appreciated, and treated badly for no reason at all.  And I’ve taken it all in stride, for the most part.  But truly, I’m the only person stopping myself from achieving my goals.  The real question is, am I strong enough to throw my fears aside and reach for the stars while keeping my feet on the ground?

Good riddance to bad rubbish and hello to my dreams becoming reality.  For those who are along for the ride, thank you, it’s gonna be a fun one. 

I’m turning the knob and casting fears aside-I start work on my query letter tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment