Friday, May 13, 2011

Versus Challenge FINAL Reward

I can't believe it; it feels like I started this challenge yesterday and here we are at the end.  What I thought was going to take a long time to finish, actually wrapped itself up pretty quickly!  Big thanks to everyone who helped spread the word about me and my journey; I appreciate it more and more each day, so much so that I have no words to descibe exactly how grateful I am.  Please continue to do so, as the support has really helped me along, especially on my "I want to quit" days (more on those later).
 
As always, I hope you've enjoy the snippets of my novel.  I'm hard at work on the sequel, which brings me to the big reward promised at the beginning of this challenge.  So who was the winner, Twitter or Facebook?


..........Drum roll..........

Twitter has won social network supremacy, and therefore I will be announcing the sequel's working title on there at a date and time randomly selected by me (FYI, I won't be announcing that either, you just have to wait and watch for it *evil laugh*).  If you're not on Twitter and want to know the title 3 days before I post it to this blog, start following me there!  You can follow the link on the right of the screen or copy and paste my handle (@KTCrowley) into Twitter's search box. 

I should also tell you I've become a big fan of Twitter and post my daily adventures in writing and life on there now.  I've connected with many people, thanks to Twitter, who are either in the same boat I am, have been published, or are on the otherside of the desk and can tell me what happens after the query is received, and all of their input has been invaluble.  I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to talk to another writer, day or night, who's going through what I am.  The internet is a marvel.      

Without further ado, here it is, the final line of this excerpt:

My eyes fluttered open.  I was crouched in a dark hallway where the air was moist and smelled musty. I could hear someone talking, but I didn’t recognize the voice. It sounded like they were talking to someone on the phone, the conversation one-sided.
Her gifts are formidable... It’s her, no doubt about it…. I can’t believe they were so careless, left her unprotected… We’ll take care of it…”
Formidable gifts, were they talking about me? Did they know about my visions?
I looked down the long, dark hallway for an exit; I had to get out. My spine tingled and my hands felt clammy. I could see a slit of light at the end, light from under a door. I ran full speed down the concrete hall, terrified for my life.
“Stop her!” Someone yelled.
A new voice came from behind me, sounding familiar, but I didn’t stop to see who it was. I stumbled, regained my footing and kept pushing forward. I made it to the door, , my hands inches from the push handle.  It was huge. I’d never seen one that big, it looked too heavy for me. My hands brushed the cool metal handle as suddenly I was being yanked backwards…*

As for the next challenge, you may be wondering "What could she possibly do next?" and truthfully, I wondered the same thing.  I do have a challenge planned, but with my self-imposed deadline looming just over 3 weeks away, I'll be spending my time focusing on that.  What does that mean?  No more challenges, at least not for now.  If I complete the sequel as planned, then I'll have a challenge posted the first week of June, depending on my very crazy life.  I can give you a hint:  It involves giving.  Curious?  Good, I want you to be.  *wink*

Blogging for me has been put on the backburner, but don't fret, readers, I will have another peek inside my brain posted shortly.  Until then, folks...

 

2 comments:

  1. Curious, Indeed. I'll have to go back to see how the challenge developed actually, but I love the excerpt! People on Twitter amaze me with their talents! <3 Yay for Twitter!

    Violeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Yes, lots of fabulous and talented people on Twitter indeed. So happy to have discovered such a wonderful group of people such as yourself! =)

    ReplyDelete