Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I'm Just A Believer That Things Will Get Better...

About two weeks ago I made an announcement via my social media outlets. In case you missed it, here it is:

I've finished revisions! And I can now add that my query letter is done, too!

I can't tell you how good it feels to have rode the waves of revisions and to have survived. There were a couple moments there where I seriously believed I may be drowning in the blankness that stood between me and some rewrites. But I relaxed, let it flow organically (because that tends to works best for me) and though it took me longer than I'd wanted it to, I did it. Then I celebrated by dancing wildly to my personal "get psyched" playlist. The top song for that amazing moment? "Believer" by American Authors. It's a good jam if you need a pick-me-up, I highly recommend it!

With research completed on my first batch of agents-to-query, I will be subbing as soon as next week with any luck. Just waiting on some final feedback to make sure it's in good shape.

This is craziness doused in awesome sauce. The only way I can describe the idea of querying is its equal parts insanely exciting and painfully terrifying. Rejection is no fun, so preparing for the worst while hoping for the best outcome is all I can do right now. As I've said from the start: I believe in my story and its characters. I don't think I've followed this path for this long if it wasn't meant to be. Now I can finally go on the hunt for an agent who feels the same way, who can see my passion for and dedication to this universe I've created on paper, and who shares my hopes and enthusiasm for its success.

In other K.T. writerly news, I'm taking one final stab at The 2014 Baker's Dozen over on Authoress' blog. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I can't not try. The first pages have had a total makeover, one that's received (mostly) positive feedback. Fingers crossed this is my year. At this point, it'd be a nice form of validation for all my hard work. Not saying I need validation, but it's always a great feeling to have someone else judge your work as worthy enough to grace their agent auction. I know I'd be honored to say I finally made it in. Again, not getting my hopes up. 

Okay, maybe just a little bit.

Speaking of Baker's Dozen, if anyone needs feedback before next week's adult/NA submissions, or YA/MG, let me know if the comments. If there is enough interest by tomorrow evening, I'll host a critique round for over the weekend (it will be a quick round, so please be quick to respond so you can benefit from this rare opportunity to receive some honest, supportive and helpful feedback!). When commenting, please let me know what you'd like critiqued (logline, first 250, or both). 

Stay golden, my lovelies. I'll check in again next week! 

Xo






No comments:

Post a Comment