Sunday, May 5, 2013

Race to Donate Items Start TODAY!

Today marks the 11th day of this fantastic auction.  We've been through 100 (yes, 100) items from dozens of generous and caring donors.  Now here is your chance to bid on items that you may have missed out on.

Only this time, it's a race.

The first person to bid (must be at least the opening bid amount) on that item, wins.  Just like a "Buy It Now" option on eBay.  The winner has 36 hours to submit their donation and send it to me for verification.  Bidders who wish to be "wait listed" should the first bidder forfeit, place their bids after the first.  If the first winner to "cross the finish line" doesn't claim their prize, the next person in line (or as I'll call it, the second runner up) gets it.  They then have 24 hours to submit their donation.  And so on, and so on.

Items will have a longer window of time, so that way they get as must time and traffic as possible.  These are truly fantastic items, so I don't think they'll last long.  If you want one, don't hesitate--be the first to cross the finish line and submit your Race to Donate bid!

This is the final effort toward raising $10,000 total for The One Fund and the Boston's First Responders Fund.  We are so close!  As of this post, we are about $900 off track to raising that, but I really believe with enough promotion from everyone, we can surpass the $10K mark.  So start spreading the word like paint on a wall--get it everywhere and don't miss a spot!

Have I mentioned you may be able to deduct your donations from your taxes, too?  It's a win, all around.

Every single person involved in this auction has been simply amazing, and I'm eternally grateful.  I know I keep saying things like that (I really hope I don't sound disingenuous), but I really mean it.  You all ROCK.

Any questions?  Post them in the comments or send me an email at writestuff4Boston [AT] gmail [DOT] com.

This post may be updated over the next day or two.  Keep an eye on it, just in case. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Does the race start now? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It started at 10 AM EDT--only items marked as Race to Donate are a part of this. Two items a day until I run out of donations. :)

    ReplyDelete